Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is an effective treatment for men and women experiencing symptoms of hormonal imbalance. Common symptoms include hot flashes, weight gain, low libido, mood swings, and fatigue. If you are considering HRT, you may be wondering where to find a nearby clinic that offers this treatment. This article will discuss the two main types of HRT clinics: online and in-person, and how to find them.
Online HRT Clinics
Currently it is perfectly legal to prescribe testosterone* online. However, the DEA is potentially changing the laws around prescribing testosterone online, which means that after May 11th, 2023, people seeking HRT online must have an in-person visit with their medical provider. This is a one-off face-to-face consultation for new patients to establish care, after which subsequent prescriptions and consultations can be done online.
*Testosterone is a schedule III drug and may require an in-person medical visit after May 11, 2023.
Online HRT clinics like Male Excel, Hone Health and Peter MD are becoming increasingly popular as they offer a convenient and discreet way to receive hormone replacement therapy. These clinics allow you to consult with a licensed healthcare provider from the comfort of your home. They typically offer various treatment options, including bioidentical hormone therapy and testosterone replacement therapy.
To find an online HRT clinic, simply search for "HRT clinic near me" or "online HRT clinic" in whatever search engine you usually use.
When choosing an online HRT clinic, it's essential to do your research. There are illegal sites that sell counterfeit and unsafe medications that can be risky to your health. You must ensure that the clinic is LegitScript registered and has licensed healthcare providers on staff. Look for patient reviews and testimonials and ensure the clinic offers a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
To learn how to get a prescription for testosterone online legally, click here.
In-Person HRT Clinics
In-person HRT clinics are another option for those seeking hormone replacement therapy. These clinics typically offer a more traditional healthcare experience, where you consult your healthcare provider in person at a physical location.
To find an in-person HRT clinic, ask your primary care physician for a referral or search online for an "HRT clinic near me" or "Hormone replacement therapy near me" You can also check with local women's health clinics, men's health clinics, or anti-aging clinics, as these all often offer hormone replacement therapy as part of their services.
When choosing an in-person HRT clinic, it's essential to consider factors such as location, hours of operation, and the experience and qualifications of the healthcare providers. Look for clinics with licensed healthcare providers on staff and offer personalized treatment plans tailored to your individual needs.
Why Would You Need HRT?
HRT, or hormone replacement therapy, is a medical treatment that involves replacing hormones like estrogen and testosterone that your body is no longer producing in sufficient quantities. This treatment can alleviate the symptoms of menopause in women, but it can also treat other conditions, such as low testosterone (andropause) in men.
In women, menopause is a natural process when the ovaries stop producing estrogen and progesterone, the hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle. As a result, women may experience various symptoms such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood changes, and sleep disturbances. HRT can help alleviate these symptoms by supplementing the body with estrogen and progesterone.
In men, low T can be due to the natural decline in hormone levels. Injury, illness, medications, lifestyle factors and pollutants can also cause low T. HRT is effective for treating low testosterone levels, which can cause symptoms such as low energy levels, brain fog, decreased libido, fatigue, and muscle loss.
HRT - Gaining Popularity for Good Reason
Hormone replacement therapy is gaining popularity as a healthy-aging and preventive medication for both men and women. HRT remains the most effective solution for helping with symptoms of menopause, and andropause is also effective for preventing osteoporosis, Alzheimer's and muscle loss. It may also protect against heart disease.
HRT Facts and Figures
There are many reasons people seek help from online and in-person HRT clinics, and here are just a few.
HRT for Men
- About 40 percent of males ages 45 and older have low testosterone 
- Studies in male aging show serum testosterone levels decline with age  . Total testosterone levels fall at an average of 1.6% per year, while free and bioavailable levels fall by 2%-3% annually.
- Testosterone deficiency is far more common in men with diabetes or who are overweight. In one study, 30% of overweight men had Low-T, compared to only 6.4% of those with normal weight. The same study found diabetes to be a risk factor for testosterone deficiency.
- Obese men have 30% lower total testosterone levels than non-obese men. 40% have levels below the lower limit of normality.
- There is a strong correlation between testosterone levels and cognitive performance, such as spatial abilities or mathematical reasoning. 
HRT for Women
- A 2018 study published in the Journal of Women's Health found that hormone replacement therapy was associated with a lower risk of all-cause mortality in women who started the treatment within 10 years of menopause.
- A study published in JAMA in 2019 found that hormone replacement therapy was associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease in women who started treatment within 10 years of menopause and were under the age of 60.
- According to studies , 80% of women experience hot flashes during menopause, and around 50% experience vaginal dryness and low libido.
- By 2030, the world population of menopausal and postmenopausal women could increase to 1.2 billion , and the number of women over 50 will likely double by 2050. This will drive demand for online and in-person HRT clinics worldwide.
These studies and statistics help provide context and support the importance of hormone replacement therapy for those experiencing hormonal imbalance.
Not All HRT Clinics Are the Same
When looking at different HRT clinics, it's crucial to ensure you understand their protocols and which medications they prescribe. Here at Male Excel, we believe we have created the most effective HRT program available.
Most other clinics offer weekly or bi-weekly injections putting hormones on a rollercoaster ride with highs and lows. However, we provide a healthy-aging package with daily testosterone injections or lipoderm cream combined with thyroid tablets, DHEA and other supplements for total hormone optimization. Daily dosing mimics your natural production, leading to improved relief from symptoms with fewer side effects.
With our nationwide network of medical providers, we are never far away. Our dedicated team of hormone specialists is available by phone, text, email or in person* for your initial consultation. Our medical practitioners are your support to a healthier future.
*In some states
Whether choosing an online or in-person HRT clinic, finding a clinic that offers safe and effective HRT is most important. By researching and choosing a reputable clinic, you can take the first step towards improving your hormonal health and reclaiming your quality of life.
No complex forms. Just complete your free online health assessment to get started.