Low Energy & Fatigue in Men
HRT increases energy levels and can get you on the right path to a healthy, energetic new you.
Can low testosterone cause fatigue in men?
A lack of key hormone levels is one of the main causes of fatigue in men. One of the most significant improvements our patients see with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is vastly improved energy levels. Importantly, for many people, an increase in energy levels is one of the first benefits they experience when they start their bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) journey, with most reporting increased energy levels and motivation within weeks of starting their treatment.
What causes low energy in men?
- Testosterone, thyroid hormones, cortisol, and estrogen all play a role in energy levels.
- As we age, hormone levels diminish, leading to a loss of motivation and sexual desire.
- One of the essential hormones for energy is the thyroid.
- Thyroid issues cause your metabolism to slow down to a snail’s pace, and you will struggle to obtain energy from the food you eat.
- If your testosterone levels decline, motivation levels drop as well, leading to a lack of desire to succeed in your health goals.
- Fading energy is not something that should just be put down to ‘getting older,’ more often than not, it’s your hormones to blame.
Wondering if you may be suffering from low T or thyroid levels? Take our free assessment to see if you could benefit from Hormone Replacement Therapy!
How BHRT increases energy
- Thyroid boosts metabolism and increases energy (thyroid medication helps alleviate over 200 age-related symptoms).
- Testosterone increases energy and strength, giving you the motivation to succeed and achieve your goals.
- Testosterone increases red blood cell count via a process called erythropoiesis. This increase in red blood cell numbers improves your blood’s oxygen-carrying capacity from your lungs to tissue cells in every part of your body. Just like every cell in your body needs energy, every cell in your body requires oxygen. When you start your treatment, this increase in red blood cells happens pretty quickly, which may be why people experience an almost instant increase in energy and motivation.
- Restoring optimal testosterone levels leads to reduced symptoms of depression and reduced stress levels.
Not only does testosterone affect you physically, but it also impacts your mental well-being.
Testosterone increases energy and strength, giving you the motivation to succeed and achieve your goals. If your levels decline, motivation levels drop as well, leading to a lack of desire to succeed in your health goals. Testosterone, especially dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is the active (more powerful) form of testosterone, gives men that extra ‘grrrr.’
Crucially, restoring optimal testosterone levels leads to reduced symptoms of depression and reduced stress levels. Studies show that TRT improves mood in both men and women, leading to an improved state of mind and body. With BHRT from Male Excel, patients often report decreased anger and feelings of hostility, more patience, less sadness, reduced fatigue, and nervousness. And most importantly, they report increased energy, motivation, and friendliness!
Ready to feel the Male Excel difference?
Other Symptoms of Low Testosterone
Frequently asked questions
HRT stands for hormone replacement therapy. Hormone levels are tested and medications are administered to help hormones such as testosterone and thyroid reach their optimum levels.
TRT stands for testosterone replacement therapy. Testosterone is given to combat decreasing levels in men. This is to fight the usual signs and symptoms of aging such as fatigue, weight gain, loss of libido, and muscle loss.
We offer a daily injectable Testosterone Cypionate or a twice-daily Lipoderm cream. Both are bioidentical. We also prescribe Triclozene (Clomiphene Citrate) for men, which can help improve several aspects of male health, including low testosterone levels, hormone ratios and sperm production.
The benefits of HRT are extensive but include the following: healthy heart and blood, less fat, more muscle, stronger bones, improved libido, better sleep, improved memory, spatial ability and mental reasoning, improved mood, and better sex.
You can start your HRT journey by filling out our simple online hormone assessment here.
On average it takes approximately 7 business days from ordering your test kit to receiving your results. This is obviously dependent on how quickly you complete and return the test via free return postage. Once we have received your results, a dedicated medical provider will review this along with your online assessment to create your personalized treatment plan.
This is a very difficult question because there is no definitive answer. Everybody is biologically different and responds to the treatment differently. For detailed information, click here.
The test indicates whether you will benefit from this treatment and what your current hormone levels are. We can then know the proper medication to get your testosterone and thyroid to their optimum levels.
Our blood spot test measures 5 key hormone levels. It offers distinct advantages over traditional testing methods because it eliminates the need for a blood draw – saving patients time and money. Our blood spot test is a simple to use test that is done in the comfort of your own home. It involves a finger prick and 12 drops of blood dropped onto a card. We include free return postage with your test for your convenience.
Yes. HRT is safe when monitored by a licensed medical provider. This is why we require yearly testing and symptoms questionnaires every 2 months.
The treatment is effective for as long as you take it. Once you stop taking HRT your levels will return to the levels they were previously.
What people say