Low Testosterone and Weight Gain
Weight gain is one of the most common symptoms of low testosterone. HRT for men can help.
Hormone replacement therapy and weight loss
Losing weight becomes much more difficult as you get older. No matter how much you diet and exercise, the weight always tends to come back. You’re not alone, studies show 65% to 95% of people who lose weight regain it, sometimes more, within a few months or years. The good news, it’s not your fault. Your hormones are to blame.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) for men is the sustainable way to lose weight and keep it off!
Does low testosterone cause weight gain?
- Weight gain is one of the most common symptoms of low testosterone (low T) and a hormone imbalance. Aging causes a decrease in testosterone, thyroid, and estradiol levels. This hormone imbalance can lead to weight gain, especially belly fat.
- Hormone replacement therapy is the best tool to turn back the clock and stop andropause. Get your hormones back to the optimum levels of your youth.
- With bioidentical testosterone and thyroid replacement therapies, we’re providing a real hormone identical to those produced in your body. These hormones can help you burn fat, increase muscle, and finally have the energy to make the life changes to improve your health.
Wondering if you may be suffering from low testosterone? Take our free assessment to see if you could benefit from Hormone Replacement Therapy!
How testosterone levels affect weight management
- Testosterone promotes lean muscle growth and reduces dangerous visceral fat.
- Too much visceral fat (internal belly fat) knocks down testosterone levels and increases other hormones that make it even harder to lose weight.
- Testosterone deficient men gain fat faster and lose muscle quicker than those with optimal hormones. Muscle is more than twice as efficient at burning calories than fat. If you build more muscle, you burn more fat.
- Testosterone improves your focus and motivation, giving you the drive to make health-conscious choices.
How your thyroid affects weight management
Proper thyroid levels improve your metabolism! The thyroid plays a vital role in controlling your metabolism. If it is not producing sufficient thyroid hormones, your metabolism won’t work correctly.
The thyroid affects other hormones, including testosterone! The thyroid helps regulate the balance of your other hormones. Therefore, without proper thyroid levels, you will not see the best results from your Testosterone Therapy! Male Excel treats your thyroid and testosterone levels in tandem, so your hormones become truly optimized.
With thyroid therapy, our doctors can guide you to an effective weight loss program that will also improve many other areas of your life:
- Say goodbye to fatigue
- Increase weight loss
- Say goodbye to insomnia
- Improved memory
- Improved mood
- Healthy hair and skin
TRT: the sustainable solution for male weight loss
Hormone replacement therapy is an important tool to help you reach your weight loss goals. However, to see the best possible results, diet and exercise are also essential.
The three-legged stool approach to weight loss
Suppose you picture a three-legged stool with diet, exercise, and hormones as the legs. You need all three of these elements for ‘long-term’ weight loss to be successful. If any one of these legs is missing, you will simply fall off the stool.
The added energy, motivation, and drive that increased testosterone gives you makes these lifestyle changes finally achievable.
Not only that but any results you see from your diet and exercise will be magnified tenfold by healthy hormone levels.
Ready to finally see the weight loss results you've been looking for? Get started with our free hormone assessment today to start on your HRT journey!
Other Symptoms of Low Testosterone
Frequently asked questions
HRT stands for hormone replacement therapy. Hormone levels are tested and medications are administered to help hormones such as testosterone and thyroid reach their optimum levels.
TRT stands for testosterone replacement therapy. Testosterone is given to combat decreasing levels in men. This is to fight the usual signs and symptoms of aging such as fatigue, weight gain, loss of libido, and muscle loss.
We offer a daily injectable Testosterone Cypionate or a twice-daily Lipoderm cream. Both are bioidentical. We also prescribe Triclozene (Clomiphene Citrate) for men, which can help improve several aspects of male health, including low testosterone levels, hormone ratios and sperm production.
The benefits of HRT are extensive but include the following: healthy heart and blood, less fat, more muscle, stronger bones, improved libido, better sleep, improved memory, spatial ability and mental reasoning, improved mood, and better sex.
You can start your HRT journey by filling out our simple online hormone assessment here.
On average it takes approximately 7 business days from ordering your test kit to receiving your results. This is obviously dependent on how quickly you complete and return the test via free return postage. Once we have received your results, a dedicated medical provider will review this along with your online assessment to create your personalized treatment plan.
This is a very difficult question because there is no definitive answer. Everybody is biologically different and responds to the treatment differently. For detailed information, click here.
The test indicates whether you will benefit from this treatment and what your current hormone levels are. We can then know the proper medication to get your testosterone and thyroid to their optimum levels.
Our blood spot test measures 5 key hormone levels. It offers distinct advantages over traditional testing methods because it eliminates the need for a blood draw – saving patients time and money. Our blood spot test is a simple to use test that is done in the comfort of your own home. It involves a finger prick and 12 drops of blood dropped onto a card. We include free return postage with your test for your convenience.
Yes. HRT is safe when monitored by a licensed medical provider. This is why we require yearly testing and symptoms questionnaires every 2 months.
The treatment is effective for as long as you take it. Once you stop taking HRT your levels will return to the levels they were previously.
What people say
Don't just take our word for it
Studies and References:
(1) Traish AM. Testosterone and weight loss: the evidence. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2014;21(5):313-322. doi:10.1097/MED.0000000000000086