Difference between bioidentical vs synthetic testosterone
There are two main types of testosterone available, synthetic and bioidentical. Both are manufactured and produced in a lab but the important part is how differently your body reacts to each.
- Bioidentical testosterone duplicates the exact chemical and molecular structure of the naturally produced hormone. Therefore, the body thinks it is the real deal, and your body reacts as it should.
- Synthetic testosterone does not have the same molecular structure as the naturally produced hormone, so it doesn’t quite fit the receptor. As a result, these hormones can cause unwanted side effects, such as some cancers.
Testosterone molecules are a bit like keys to a lock; they have a 3D shape that perfectly fits the hormone receptors. When these molecules attach to the receptor it fits tightly, triggering all the benefits testosterone has on the body. Synthetic testosterone has a slightly different ‘key’; it still attaches to the receptors, but it’s not a perfect fit, often causing unwanted side effects.
What are the advantages of bioidentical hormones?
The most significant advantage of bioidentical hormones is that they are exact copies of your natural ones. Bioidentical hormones are more effective following the same biological pathways as your real hormones. Because they are the same as the hormones created naturally in your body, your body cannot tell the difference, reducing side effects and significantly increasing the benefits.
What are the downsides of synthetic hormones?
If you compare bioidentical hormones to synthetic, the natural version is the smart man’s choice. Synthetic hormones usually derive from ‘natural’ sources such as pregnant horse urine; however, they are not natural for humans. Scientists manipulate these hormones in a lab to mimic the biological paths a human hormone would take, but they lack the correct structure to offer the same benefits. These hormones, because they differ from the real thing, are likely to cause more unpleasant side effects, including some forms of cancer.
Recent studies by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) confirm bioidentical hormones are safer than their synthetic counterparts. Stating:
So why should you use bioidentical testosterone?
- They are the most effective form of hormone replacement.
- They act like hormones produced by your body offering the full spectrum of benefits.
- They can be custom compounded for individual needs.
- They have few or no side effects.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) prefer bioidentical hormones for HRT in humans.
What can bioidentical hormones do for men?
One significant advantage of bioidentical hormones is they can be customized for each individual patient with a combination of hormones and strengths to suit. Bioidentical testosterone can be administered as a cream or daily subcutaneous injection and usually have very few side effects. This is called bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).
Testosterone levels naturally start to decline when men reach the age of 30-40 years at a rate of about 1-2% every year. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy restores optimum testosterone levels, relieving symptoms caused by low testosterone, leading to a multitude of benefits:
Benefits of bioidentical testosterone replacement
- Better erections.
- Increase sex drive (libido) and improve sexual satisfaction.
- Rebuild weak muscles and lean muscle mass.
- Strengthen your bones, reducing osteoporosis risk.
- Feel energized, reduce stress, and regain mental capacity and memory.
- Improved concentration, clears brain fog, and improves performance at work.
Take our free hormone assessment to see if you could benefit from Hormone Replacement Therapy!
Male Excel HRT treatment plan
Bioidentical hormones administered through Male Excel’s provider-prescribed treatment plan will optimize your hormones and rejuvenate your health, so you can start living again! With scientific breakthroughs every day, Male Excel has partnered with the right companies to supply our customers with quality American-pharmacy bioidentical medication.
By being proactive with your healthcare, together, we can make a difference!