Types of compounded testosterone creams:
- Commercial testosterone creams and gels increase serum testosterone levels in men with hypogonadism (low T).
- These creams and gels are an easy alternative to injections and usually contain around 1-2% testosterone.
- Due to the low concentrations of testosterone in such products, many men find they just don’t work or see very few benefits.
- Our compounded creams are around 10-20 times the strength of most prescription creams and gels, meaning we will get you to where you need to be with more effective results.
Off the shelf prescription testosterone creams and gels
Commercially available creams or gels such as Androgel® come in fixed, low concentrations (1-2%) that cannot be adjusted to meet patients’ needs. This low dosage instantly restricts its use and does not allow a practitioner to ensure the medication fits the individual. There is no one-size-fits-all dosage for testosterone; compounded cream enables us to adjust dosage easily and quickly to suit each patient accordingly.
How commercial testosterone gels compare with Male Excel’s testosterone cream:
- Androgel® (1-2%)
- Fortesta® (2%)
- Testim® (1%)
- Male Excel’s Testosterone Lipoderm Cream (20%)
Compounded testosterone cream
Compounded medication allows our providers to increase and decrease the dosage, ensuring that the medication fits their medical needs. Application of testosterone cream is via the scrotum or groin area where the skin is thinnest, allowing maximum absorption. Gels typically use an alcohol base, so we find creams much more comfortable to use and less likely to irritate the groin area’s delicate skin.
Advantages of compounded medication:
- Custom dose: Each prescription written by our medical providers is unique to every patient. Offering a tailor-made solution and producing the best results for each person. Meaning we can produce higher dose creams for improved benefits.
- Affordability: Custom compounding offers an affordable option over expensive mass-produced medication.
- Safe and quality assured: Our partner pharmacy uses the highest quality ingredients and bioidentical testosterone following the strictest guidelines set by medical professionals.
- US-made: All our testosterone products are traceable and compounded in the USA.
- Bespoke medication: Compounded testosterone creams can be custom mixed with other medications and hormones for complete hormone treatment.
See how testosterone replacement therapy can help you. Start by taking the free online hormone assessment.
Transdermal testosterone absorption
Cream absorption varies between men, but typically, we find a 10% absorption rate of testosterone into the skin. Meaning roughly 10% of the medication penetrates the skin and enters your body.
Our testosterone cream comes in a convenient topi-click dispenser dispensing 1/2 g per click. With 200mg of testosterone per gram, a typical Male Excel dosage usually starts at two clicks in the morning (1/2g) and two in the evening (1/2g). So, for every gram of testosterone applied to the skin, 20mg will take effect.
The most popular form of BHRT is our testosterone lipoderm cream
Most patients opt for our testosterone cream simply because it is far easier than self-administering a daily subcutaneous injection. Our testosterone creams are custom compounded by our partner pharmacy to suit each patient. The cream is applied once in the morning and once in the evening to the scrotum or inner thigh. Studies show that scrotal administration is up to eight times more effective than via skin elsewhere on the body.
One advantage of the cream over injections is that it increases good cholesterol levels (HDL). We also see the cream is more effective than injections at increasing dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Testosterone itself is a pretty inert hormone. Testosterone cream applied to your skin passes through hair follicles, and an enzyme called 5 alpha-reductase converts it into the more powerful dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
DHT is about 10-100 times as biologically active as testosterone and offers improved erectile function, more energy, improved muscle gains, and improved weight loss. This conversion ultimately means you need less cream to get the same beneficial effects as injections. Because our custom creams are so much more potent than other commercial creams, it ultimately means even higher DHT levels.
Benefits of Testosterone Cream
- Increased DHT over injectable testosterone cypionate
- Increases good cholesterol more so than injectable
- Improved libido and sexual satisfaction
- Reduced bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Increased metabolism
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Increased lean muscle mass and strength
- Increased confidence, positivity, memory, and brain function
- Reduced feelings of depression
- Increased energy levels
- Improved sleep
- More equipped to deal with stress
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and relief from insulin resistance
Using our exclusive online assessment and easy at-home blood spot test means it is easier than ever to restore your hormone balance without expensive clinics and painful injections. Our daily bioidentical testosterone therapy offers consistent results mimicking your body’s natural hormone production.
Take our free online assessment to see if you are a good candidate for bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).