Why Should You Start HRT
Testosterone levels fall for various reasons. Environmental factors, natural decline, and even what we eat and drink all influence hormone levels. As men hit 35 to 40, their hormone levels drop around 1-2% every year; a process that accelerates through your 50s, 60s, and beyond. As you age, symptoms of low testosterone start to arise such as erectile dysfunction, depression, anxiety, reduced muscle mass, decreased energy, weight gain, loss of fitness, and reduced job performance. Symptoms can also include hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats, and a decrease in sex drive, stamina, energy, and motivation.
Male Excel helps hundreds of patients weekly with these symptoms caused by age-related hormone decline. Bioidentical Hormone Therapy can slow the onset of age-related symptoms and even stop the age-related diseases in men over 40.
Take our free hormone assessment to see how you could benefit from Hormone Replacement Therapy!
Which Hormones are Important?
Your hormones, particularly testosterone, estrogen, DHEA, and thyroid, are your body’s natural protection against age-related disease. They are responsible for many processes within the body, including metabolism and sexual health. Hormone levels do fluctuate, but even a slight reduction in levels can have severe effects on your health.
- Testosterone: This is considered the primary male hormone that provides many characteristics of being a man, such as libido, lean muscle and strength, stamina, confidence, and mental capabilities.
- DHEA: It is a precursor to other essential hormones such as testosterone and estradiol. Because it is present in every cell in your body, this hormone’s effects are far-reaching. DHEA is a steroid hormone that supports the immune system and protects you against cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, brittle bones (osteoporosis), heart disease, depression. It also regulates stress hormones and is a potent anti-inflammatory.
- Thyroid: Your thyroid hormones are critical to how other hormones in your body react. Without a balance of thyroid hormones along with testosterone, hormone optimization is not possible.
- Estradiol: Estradiol is a natural by-product of testosterone that protects you in numerous ways. Estradiol increases bone density, reduces Alzheimer’s risk, maintains erectile function, regulates fat mass vs. lean mass, and regulates lipid metabolism. Not usually prescribed to men, estradiol naturally increases when given testosterone, offering all its protective benefits.
BHRT consists of giving at least testosterone daily. By increasing testosterone levels, you will also increase estradiol levels. The benefits of both of these hormones significantly reduce the typical andropause symptoms.
Even as recently as a hundred years ago, the average lifespan of a man was around 40 years old, so it was no matter that hormones declined. With modern medicine and a longer life expectancy, our lack of hormones as we age significantly affects health. The simple answer is to replace these hormones using bioidentical hormone replacement therapy to protect your body from many of the effects of old age.
Take the free hormone assessment to get started with Hormone Replacement Therapy
Don't Wait for the Symptoms, Make A Change Today
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is the ideal preventative medicine which all men over 40 should consider.
- Improved libido and sexual satisfaction
- Reduced bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Increased metabolism
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Increased lean muscle mass and strength
- Decreased body fat (dangerous visceral fat)
- Increased confidence, positivity, memory, and brain function
- Reduced feelings of depression
- Increased energy levels
- Improved sleep
- More equipped to deal with stress
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and relief from insulin resistance
Prior to joining Revita, our chief medical officer Dr. Fotinos practiced in urgent care, pediatrics, and family medicine. His experience in these roles fundamentally shaped his philosophy as a physician. Surrounded by a system fixated on getting patients in and out as quickly as possible, he became frustrated with mainstream medical practice simply maintaining health and treating conditions only when they got serious. This is not how we treat our patients. We focus on prevention and tackle the root causes of people’s health problems. This philosophy enables us to provide patients reaching middle age with treatment options that were previously limited within the constraints of conventional medicine.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy helps prevent the common pitfalls of aging. Our complete approach concentrates on alleviating the effect aging has on the body by maintaining optimal, not average, hormone levels. We work closely with our patients to reduce the onset of age-related diseases and ultimately ‘normal’ age-related decline.
After 10 years of offering the best hormone treatments from our Charlotte clinics, including bioidentical hormone and thyroid therapy, we wanted to provide the same service to customers online to give everyone over 40 the opportunity to regain their youthful vigor and finally feel energized again.
Optimal Hormones are Essential for Over 40's
As men age, their hormone levels decline to a point where the protective benefits hormones like testosterone and estradiol decrease. By maintaining optimal hormone levels, you can slow the degeneration and harmful effects on your body. By reducing age-related risk factors, BHRT can significantly improve the symptoms of aging.
If your hormone levels fall to a point where it has adverse effects, you are at risk of several diseases and reduced life quality. You may have an increased risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Alzheimer’s disease, and osteoporosis.
By maintaining an optimal hormone level, we can help get you back on track.
Check your hormone levels by completing our free hormone assessment
What Benefits Can You Expect with BHRT?
How Long Will Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Take?
Most men feel the benefits of BHRT within a couple of weeks of treatment starting. Many patients also report feeling increased energy and a lift in mood within days. These feelings can come and go in the early stages of treatment but soon settle down, giving you that lift in motivation that has been lacking. BHRT is a long-term lifestyle choice, that along with exercise and a healthy diet will transform your life.