Why Should Men Over 40 Start HRT
Why all men over 40 should be on hormone replacement
Testosterone levels fall for various reasons. Environmental factors, natural decline, and even what we eat and drink all influence hormone levels. As men hit 35 to 40, their hormone levels drop around 1-2% every year; a process that accelerates through your 50s, 60s, and beyond. As you age, symptoms of low testosterone start to arise such as erectile dysfunction, depression, anxiety, reduced muscle mass, decreased energy, weight gain, loss of fitness, and reduced job performance. Symptoms can also include hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats, and a decrease in sex drive, stamina, energy, and motivation.
Male Excel helps hundreds of patients weekly with these symptoms caused by age-related hormone decline. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) can slow the onset of age-related symptoms and even stop the age-related diseases in men over 40.
Take our free hormone assessment to see how you could benefit from Hormone Replacement Therapy!
Which hormones are important for men?
Your hormones, particularly testosterone, estrogen, DHEA, and thyroid, are your body’s natural protection against age-related disease. They are responsible for many processes within the body, including metabolism and sexual health. Hormone levels do fluctuate, but even a slight reduction in levels can have severe effects on your health.
- Testosterone: This is considered the primary male hormone that provides many characteristics of being a man, such as libido, lean muscle and strength, stamina, confidence, and mental capabilities.
- DHEA: It is a precursor to other essential hormones such as testosterone and estradiol. Because it is present in every cell in your body, this hormone’s effects are far-reaching. DHEA is a steroid hormone that supports the immune system and protects you against cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, brittle bones (osteoporosis), heart disease, and depression. It also regulates stress hormones and is a potent anti-inflammatory.
- Thyroid: Your thyroid hormones are critical to how other hormones in your body react. Without a balance of thyroid hormones along with testosterone, hormone optimization is not possible.
- Estradiol: Estradiol is a natural by-product of testosterone that protects you in numerous ways. Estradiol increases bone density, reduces Alzheimer’s risk, maintains erectile function, regulates fat mass vs. lean mass, and regulates lipid metabolism. Not usually prescribed to men, estradiol naturally increases when given testosterone, offering all its protective benefits.
BHRT consists of giving, at a minimum, testosterone daily. By increasing testosterone levels, you will also increase estradiol levels. The benefits of both of these hormones significantly reduce the typical andropause symptoms.
Even as recently as a hundred years ago, the average lifespan of a man was around 40 years old, so it was no matter that hormones declined. With modern medicine and a longer life expectancy, our lack of hormones as we age significantly affects health. The simple answer is to replace these hormones using bioidentical hormone replacement therapy to protect your body from many of the effects of old age.
Take the free hormone assessment to get started with Hormone Replacement Therapy
Don't wait for the symptoms, make a change today
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is the ideal preventative medicine which all men over 40 should consider.
- Improved libido and sexual satisfaction
- Reduced bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Increased metabolism
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Increased lean muscle mass and strength
- Decreased body fat (dangerous visceral fat)
- Increased confidence, positivity, memory, and brain function
- Reduced feelings of depression
- Increased energy levels
- Improved sleep
- More equipped to deal with stress
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and relief from insulin resistance
Hormone replacement equals preventative care
Prior to joining Male Excel, our chief medical officer Dr. Peter Fotinos practiced in urgent care, pediatrics, and family medicine. His experience in these roles fundamentally shaped his philosophy as a physician. Surrounded by a system fixated on getting patients in and out as quickly as possible, he became frustrated with mainstream medical practice simply maintaining health and treating conditions only when they got serious. This is not how we treat our patients. We focus on prevention and tackle the root causes of people’s health problems. This philosophy enables us to provide patients reaching middle age with treatment options that were previously limited within the constraints of conventional medicine.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy helps prevent the common pitfalls of aging. Our complete approach concentrates on alleviating the effect aging has on the body by maintaining optimal, not average, hormone levels. We work closely with our patients to reduce the onset of age-related diseases and ultimately ‘normal’ age-related decline.
After 10 years of offering the best hormone treatments from our clinics in Charlotte, NC, including bioidentical hormone and thyroid therapy, we wanted to provide the same service to customers online to give everyone over 40 the opportunity to regain their youthful vigor and finally feel energized again.
Optimal hormones are essential for men over 40, 50, 60, and beyond
As men age, hormone levels decline to a point where the protective benefits of hormones, like testosterone and estradiol, decrease. By maintaining optimal hormone levels, you can slow the degeneration and harmful effects on your body. By reducing age-related risk factors, BHRT can significantly improve the symptoms of aging.
If your hormone levels fall to a point where it has adverse effects, you are at risk of several diseases and reduced life quality. You may have an increased risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Alzheimer’s disease, and osteoporosis.
By maintaining an optimal hormone level, we can help get you back on track.
Check your hormone levels by completing our free hormone assessment
What benefits can you expect with BHRT?
- Significantly improves body composition (reduces dangerous visceral fat and improves lean muscle mass)
- Produces sustained weight loss
- Combined with lifestyle improvements such as diet and exercise, BHRT produces even better results
- Reduces risk of type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance
- Reduces the risks associated with metabolic syndrome (high blood pressure, high triglycerides, low HDL, elevated blood glucose, increased visceral fat)
- Increased motivation and physical activity
- Reduced fatigue, improved sleep quality, and increased energy
- Improved libido, sexual function, and overall mood
How long will bioidentical hormone therapy take?
Most men feel the benefits of BHRT within a couple of weeks of treatment starting. Many patients also report feeling increased energy and a lift in mood within days. These feelings can come and go in the early stages of treatment but soon settle down, giving you that lift in motivation that has been lacking. BHRT is a long-term lifestyle choice, that along with exercise and a healthy diet will transform your life.
Ready to see the benefits of hormone replacement therapy? Start by taking our free online hormone assessment.
Frequently asked questions
HRT stands for hormone replacement therapy. Hormone levels are tested and medications are administered to help hormones such as testosterone and thyroid reach their optimum levels.
TRT stands for testosterone replacement therapy. Testosterone is given to combat decreasing levels in men. This is to fight the usual signs and symptoms of aging such as fatigue, weight gain, loss of libido, and muscle loss.
We offer a daily injectable Testosterone Cypionate or a twice-daily Lipoderm cream. Both are bioidentical. We also prescribe Triclozene (Clomiphene Citrate) for men, which can help improve several aspects of male health, including low testosterone levels, hormone ratios and sperm production.
The benefits of HRT are extensive but include the following: healthy heart and blood, less fat, more muscle, stronger bones, improved libido, better sleep, improved memory, spatial ability and mental reasoning, improved mood, and better sex.
You can start your HRT journey by filling out our simple online hormone assessment here.
On average it takes approximately 7 business days from ordering your test kit to receiving your results. This is obviously dependent on how quickly you complete and return the test via free return postage. Once we have received your results, a dedicated medical provider will review this along with your online assessment to create your personalized treatment plan.
This is a very difficult question because there is no definitive answer. Everybody is biologically different and responds to the treatment differently. For detailed information, click here.
The test indicates whether you will benefit from this treatment and what your current hormone levels are. We can then know the proper medication to get your testosterone and thyroid to their optimum levels.
Our blood spot test measures 5 key hormone levels. It offers distinct advantages over traditional testing methods because it eliminates the need for a blood draw – saving patients time and money. Our blood spot test is a simple to use test that is done in the comfort of your own home. It involves a finger prick and 12 drops of blood dropped onto a card. We include free return postage with your test for your convenience.
Yes. HRT is safe when monitored by a licensed medical provider. This is why we require yearly testing and symptoms questionnaires every 2 months.
The treatment is effective for as long as you take it. Once you stop taking HRT your levels will return to the levels they were previously.
What people say